Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Icky Flu, Possible Jobness, and Beautiful Music

Hello, hello!
How is everybody doing?
I'm doing pretty good! Especially now that I'm over that icky flu.
That thing made me crash hard! I couldn't get out of the house for more than a week.
All is well and good now, thank goodness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I had an interview (well, sort of) for a part time job at a local pre-school.
It's funny, I never pictured me working at a pre-school, daycare, or anything with kids.
I'm just not that kind of person.
Don't get me wrong!
I love kids.
I guess I'm just not used to them since I've never had any little siblings or cousins.
And I have never ever liked babysitting.
I would so prefer to mow a lawn over babysitting.
But after spending the day at a pre-school, I found that I really enjoyed working there.
I guess it is the structure, and that I'm just helping...not leading.
So I really hope this job works out, not only cause I need the money,
but because I feel God could really use me there.
But whether I get this job or not, I know God has taught me multiple
things during this experience.
And as for the money issue, God is in control. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During this whole stressfulness about the job interview, studying for CLEP tests,
and planning for my CO trip, I have really enjoyed listening to a specific cd.
I recently got Francesca Battistelli's My Paper Heart Deluxe Edition.
I LOVE IT.
Her voice is amazing and sooo easy to sing to. (because I am low just like her)
The style of music is upbeat yet melodious, so it's great for the whole family.
But my personal favorite thing about her music are the lyrics.
They are so....perfect.
It's hard to explain, but it applies to my life perfectly.
Her music really lifts me up when I am down, and gets my focus back on track.
So....if you haven't already, you should buy her cd.
I recommend her My Paper Heart Deluxe Edition, because I love her bonus songs.
Here is one of my favorite songs that she sings.
Not the most popular, (and i don't think she wrote it)
but the way she sings it is priceless.

No comments: