Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fearless

I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first, fearless. And I don't know why but with you I dance in a storm in my best dress. Fearless.
I now know why the trees change in the fall. I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. And I love you for giving me your eyes, for staying back and watching me shine. And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm taking this chance to say. That I had the best day with you today.
So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough. But this love is ours.
I like the way you sound in the morning. We're on the phone and without a warning. I realize that your love is the best sound I have ever heard. Every time you smile, I smile. And every time you shine, I'll shine for you.
Can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. Today was a fairytale.
Then I think about summer, all the beautiful times I watched you laughing from the passenger side. And realized I loved you in the fall.
I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night. I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're bout to cry. I know you favorite songs and you tell me bout your dreams. Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me.
Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile.
Long live the walls we crashed through. While the kingdom's lights shined just for me and you. I was screaming long live all the magic we made. Bring on all the pretenders, I'm not afraid. ******* Long live all the mountains we moved. I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you. I was screaming long live the look on your face. And bring on all the pretenders, one day we will be remembered.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ahhhh. Loved this. :) Just got through listening to a bunch of Taylor's songs and then I checked out your blog.. ;) I like the photos too. :)